Wednesday 28 May 2008

Castle Street, Dover



The first card is postmarked Folkestone and sent on 10 September 1976. The second was never posted but could date from much the same time, judging from the registration visible on one car (examined with a magnifying glass!).
It's interesting though, how similar the two views are once you allow for the fashions and the few cars is the reproduction of one dating from 1930. It looks as though the view of Dover Castle has been protected. I'd love to see a modern one to see if it's still the same.

6 comments:

  1. I like the one in colour...so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just caught up with your last five PCs. All but one bring back memories for me. Think I've said this before, but I do love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent project - very cool sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a fantastic blog! I visited Dover one year ago. The castle is something breathtaking...
    Greetings from Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so true if you only concentrate on the castle the view is identical! Great post Sheila!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...