Friday 30 January 2009

Parc Güell, Barcelona


Postmarked Barcelona, dated 7 November 2008.

Barcelona
Parc Güell (1900 - 1914) - A. Gaudi

Message on the back of the card from a Spanish PostCrosser:
This postcard is a deatil of the Parc Güell.  It was designed by the architect Antoni Gaudi and constructed between the year 1900 and 1914 and inaugurated as a public park in 1926.  In the design of the park there exist wavy forms, similar to the rivers, and walks covered with columns that have forms of trees. Many of the surfaces are covered with pieces of ceramics or of glass like mosaics of colours.  For its location to the margin of the city and to a high altitude, this park breathe a tranquility  that contrasts with the noise and frenzy of Barcelona.
 It both looks and sounds beautiful.  It is, for once, somewhere I could visit without too much difficulty.  I'd love to.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

  1. I hope that you come join Postcard Friendship Friday over at my blog! Your postcard blog is such a gem:) I'm really not trying to spam you! I just want to help join postcard blog together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely architecture! I must go learn more about Gaudi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Sheila, have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved visiting the park, and the unfinished cathedral also attributed to Guadi. Barcelona is a must visit in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Marie, thanks, and yes, I've joined in.
    @Emm, it looks really beautiful, doesn't it.
    @Jodi, thanks, and I hope you are recovering well.
    @Mike, I will bear that in mind. It is somewhere we have considered from time to time but never actually made it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...