Thursday 25 June 2009

Paderne, Portugal

Postmarked Tavira, dated 20 February 2005.
Paderne
Algarve - Portugal

It took me a lot of research to find out what this postcard was about.  Apart from the pictures and the name there was no clue on the card itself.  I was convinced that it was a sewage works, but after extensive rummaging around, I find that it is in fact a water mill and sluice.

The message reads:
Sitting in the garden and laughing about the weather in England (which makes us specially happy provided the snow finishes by Wednesday). This card is not quite true as there is a huge drought and clear frosty nights.  Oranges frosted on the trees!
I looked it up, and sure enough, there was the usual headline in the UK, "Snow causes chaos" which we see almost every winter.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...