Monday 26 October 2009

Lagos - Ponte de Piedade



This was a card I myself sent to my parents.  It's postmarked Portimao and dated 11 May 1978.

Portugal - Algarve
Lagos - Ponte de Piedade.

This is a huge rock formation hollowed out by the sea into caves and arches.  I said in the message that I had visited and taken a boat trip around the formations, but I'm sorry to say I have no recollection of it whatsoever, confirming my need to collect the cards.  Backing up memories. :)

I am sure I have a postcard from Etretat in Normandy which has remarkably similar rock formations.  I will try to look it out and post it later.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Los Arcos at Cabo San Lucas. Amazing at the creation of such interesting formations by the action of the sea on rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another place, I remembered afterwards, is the Ardeche valley. There are some similar arches there.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...