Thursday 5 November 2009

Tokyo Central Station



This doesn't look like any station I know, though I'll readily admit that I'm not intimately acquainted with many.  So I'll rephrase that - it's nothing like Waterloo in London which is older - and grubbier.  The card is postmarked Tokyo and dated 24 October 2009.

The Night View of Tokyo Central Station
Tokyo Station's beautiful architect [sic] of red and white towers and arches was designed by Kingo Tatsuno, the father of modern architect in Japan, in 1914.

It handles over 3,000 trains per day and is the starting point for many of Japan's high-speed trains.  The area is currently being redeveloped to make the surrounding area into a plaza with a walkway to the nearby Imperial Palace.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...