Wednesday 9 December 2009

Arizona state flag



If you were to read the Postcrossing forum, you would once find people there saying how very many cards they receive from Finland, more than anywhere else.  As things have expanded and developed American cards became commonplace and at the moment they remain so - though with the Far East rapidly catching up.

Personally I seem to have far more cards arriving from Eastern Europe than anywhere else, and sadly few from the USA.  So I was pleased when this card arrived, and doubly so when I read that it came from 6 year old Benjamin and he had written it himself.  I will treasure it.

Arizona State Flag
The Arizona State Flag was adopted by the legislature in 1917.  The top half of the flag represents the original 13 colonies of the United States and the western setting sun.  The copper star in the center identifies Arizona as the largest copper producing state in the union.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know that. I knew about the ugly open pit copper mines, but not about the color of the star (I have always thought it was red) and and 13 rays of the setting sun. Thank you. And I hope you get more postcards from the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never gotten a postcard from Arizona myself. I'm surprised you are not bombarded with cards from the U. S.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a card from Eastern Europe yet! I really want one so it's annoying. Mine are mostly from the Netherlands, Germany, Finland and the far east. there are many more American postcrossers than any other nationality, I think, but maybe they don't send as many cards? The one place I really want a card from is the Middle East! That would totally make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Max, I'm happy, very, to have been able to tell you something about the USA. I confess I copied it all from the back of the card. :)

    @RNSANE, I'm slightly surprised myself. I looked at my numbers, and I've sent twice as many as I've received. But variety is the spice of life and I DO have some from very diverse places.

    @britgirl, hang on in there, you'll get them! I've been a member for over 4 years. There are a few members from the Middle East - feefs (Egypt) and memo-baghdad (Iraq) are both very active.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...