Sunday 31 January 2010

Kota Kinabalu City Mosque



The magnificent Kota Kinabalu City Mosque was opened on February 2, 2000 to celebrate the day that the city received official city status from the Malaysian governmen.  It is in the Sabah region, known as "the land below the wind" because it's located below the typhoon belt, as the send told me: "thus setting the state free from climatic disturbances".  It was sent to me on 31 December 2009 and postmarked Kota Kinabalu.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Sheila, I have been here, its a beautiful place, as is the whole of old North Borneo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beauty, Sheila! Great PFF post! :) I've never been to Aruba - it's Dutch and sits in the Caribbean. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...