Tuesday 30 March 2010

Linköping in Sweden


I have been very lucky recently to have been sent some really beautiful cards.  This from Linköping is one of them.

I'm sorry to say I'd never heard of the place.  It turns out to be a city in southern Sweden, the centre of a region which celebrated 700 years of existence in 1987.  It is especially well known for its cathedral and the spire can be seen clearly on the skyline and on this card.

In 2006 a sculpture of a dog on a roundabout in Linköping was vandalised, and had to be removed.  people started placing home-made dog sculptures on roundabouts in the city and then further afield.  The phenomenon has spread to other countries and now they have started appearing in Hemel Hempstead, in England.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...