Friday 2 April 2010

London


A beautiful view of London from Bankside in 1647 couldn't have come at a better time for me, because I'm just starting to read the book "The House by the Thames" by Gillian Tindall, the story of number 49, Bankside and the people who lived there.

A lovely piece of synchronicity here, especially as it arrived by a roundabout and lengthy route from our previous address, in Winchester.  The building in the bottom left corner of the card is labelled Winchester House.  Hmm.  It was sent to me through sendsomething.net.  At some point between 12 and 24 months ago I presume I signed up there but I have no recollection of it whatsoever.  Hmm again.

The card is produced from an engraving by Czech artist Wenceslaus Hollar, and is published by the Museum of London.

This is a post for Postcard Friday, which is hosted at the wonderful and wonderfully named blog, The Best Hearts are Crunchy.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love when things like this turn up? I really like this one, especially the little tinkerbell like fairy in the corner.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...