Saturday 8 January 2011

Capitol Reef National Park


Capitol Reef National Park, Utah contains nearly a quarter of a million acres in the Slickrock country of Utah.  Plant and animal life is diverse because of a variety of habitats such as pinyon-juniper, perennial streams, dry washes and rock cliffs.

From my perspective in a temperate zone, this looks and sounds like another world!  The person who sent the card added that there are five national parks in Utah and that while they have deserts, they also have snow. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. I am certain from all I've seen that Utah has some breath taking scenery as well as Montana & Wyoming. I would like to visit all of them.
    Hope you've had a great week Shiela and hope you have a great rest of the weekend.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Utah and beach cards look great to me. I couldn't tell where you live but being in Maine, I hear ya'...I could use some color but I did have a cardinal in my yard today so someone up there hears me!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there in October and loved it. Capitol Reef was the one place in particular that I swore I would have to visit again soon. It is so unspoiled and outrageously beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The National Parks of Southwest USA are incredible - the desert colors, rivers, blue skies. This postcard reminds me of Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks that I went to in Utah after Grand Canyon and Death Valley. I always completed a postcard collection of all 57 US National Parks, see my blog below. Cheers from Penang island, SL Liew :)
    http://smspostcard2.blogspot.com/search/label/%3D%20US%20National%20Park

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...