Wednesday 3 August 2011

Bella Vista


I'm not sure whether this could be called an advertisement or not.  It shows a planned recreation and retirement community in northwest Arkansas.  The chapel with the amazing arches is the Mildred B. Cooper Memorial Chapel.

It looks almost as if it could be an outdoor chapel, with the arches upon arches being a framework for the natural beauty of the surroundings.  However, it is surrounded by large glass windows.  The architect, E. Fay Jones, was a student of Frank Lloyd Wright who was an advocate of organic architecture which is intended to be so much in harmony with nature that it virtually becomes part of it. In this case it seems to do exactly that.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. I have heard of Frank. I have parked in the driveway of a house he designed in chicago. Mildred and Euine Fay I had to look up. Nothing earthshaking to report. Mildred's husband founded a company who built "planned communities" in several states, of which Bellas Vista is one in Arkansas. Looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful card. Hope you are having a great week Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place, isn't it, Sheila? I would so love to see it and, as it's right here in my own country, perhaps I might one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...