Monday 21 November 2011

Moomins



The Moomins are a Swedish/Finnish phenomenon, a family of trolls living in the forest, whose story was brought to the world by author and illustrator Tove Jansson.  The characters shown here are Moomin who is leading Snufkin, his best friend, by the hand.  Little My, on Snufkin's hat, is his half sister.  She is described as "small, determined and fiercely independent".

I've often seen people asking for Moomin postcards and I think I'm beginning to understand why.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of them but I like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, we had those books. Our children were often known as ‘Moomins’ - as a term of endearment of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love moomins! I just learned about it when I received one from Postcrossing and I've included it in my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little My seems like many women of today!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...