Wednesday 28 December 2011

I saw ... some... ships come sailing in


I thought it was going to be a case of  singing, "I saw saw three ships come sailing in" four times, but I stopped when I saw only 11 boats.  Maybe some would pass as ships.

I love the style of the artist, Tiphanie Beeke, so I looked her up.  She's a British artist living in the south of France and has illustrated a number of children's books, winning several awards in the process.  Some of her illustrations are published as postcards by Nouvelles Images - including this one where the title is Twelve Boats.   Could they be charged under the Trade Descriptions Act?

On Christmas Day, on Christmas Day;
I saw three ships come sailing in
On Christmas Day in the morning.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Okay...now I shall be hearing this lovely tune in my head all day !!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In that case, I'm glad you like the tune. :) I like its medieval feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simplicity of this card.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...