Friday 22 June 2012

The footie 2012


The big thing of the moment seems to be "the footie" as we sometimes call soccer in my part of the world.  In my home anyway.  I seem to have had a lot of cards from Ukraine recently and almost without fail they mention the big  UEFA championship, Euro 2012, co-hosted between Poland and Ukraine.  Today this one arrived - it doesn't only mention it but also illustrates it.

The girl on the left is waving the flag and wearing the colours of Poland, on the right is Ukraine.  I would never have thought I would say this about anything connected with football, but it makes a very attractive card.

This is a post for Postcard Friendship Friday hosted on Beth Niquette's blog The Best Hearts are Crunchy.

10 comments:

  1. How perfectly wonderful!!! lol Yes, this is a colorful postcard--I adore it.

    Our family has roots in Poland from waaaay back, so this is really cool.

    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful picture of the absolute exuberance of youth! Such pretty girls - such a pretty postcard! Soccer has certainly taken hold in the past 20 or 30 years. I remember the first I actually knew of any kids playing it was when we moved to the Kansas City area. Our neighbor kids played it in the yard. It has certainly flourished - two of my granddaughters were great soccer players in school and are still involved in it through teaching. The youngest girl is in the Peace Corps in Mozambique and has started soccer in the school she is teaching in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's certainly becoming more and more popular in the USA and you now have a team to be reckoned with.

      Delete
  3. Soccer and tennis are two very popular sports that I never took a liking to. The card is great though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy tennis but don't watch it so much. Wimbledon starts in a couple of days.

      Delete
  4. You know how I love football. A beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Attractive card indeed w/ its rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I am not into much sports, I love this card - the girls look so happy to be rooting for their teams!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...