Monday 29 October 2012

Cliff Palace, Mesa Verde


 The whole Mesa Verde National Park, including Cliff Palace, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.  It is a plateau in south west Colorado which has a large number of Pueblo Indian cliff dwellings.

From the back of the card:
Mesa Verde, Spanish for "green table", offers a spectacular look into the lives of ancestral Puebloan people who made it their home for over 700 years from AD 600 to AD 1300.  Today the park protects more than 4,700 known archeological sites, including some 600 cliff dwellings of which Cliff Palace is the largest and most picturesque.
I have one other card showing the cliff dwelling known as Cliff Palace from a slightly different angle.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. I need to visit Mesa Verde again, amazing place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could visit just once, but I doubt that will happen now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you Sheila it is so far from where I live I probably won't get there either

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though I've traveled the world, I've yet to go here. It's about time, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...