Thursday 25 April 2013

Hongcun, Anhui



Hongcun is one of the two Ancient Villages in Southern Anhui, now inscribed on UNESCO's World Heritage List.  There are only about 150 houses in the village but they date back to the 12th century and have preserved a remarkable water system which runs through every house in the whole village.  This is the second card I have received from this beautiful place.

Here, on the river's verge, I could be busy for months without changing my place, simply leaning a little more to right or left. 
- Paul Cezanne
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. At first I thought the place is in Vietnam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous reflections on the water.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...