Tuesday 2 July 2013

Ottawa in the winter


It may seem strange to be using a winter scene to illustrate Ottawa but I have to say when I first arrived there it was none too warm.   There were days when the sun did shine and there were warm days but it was predominantly cool and often wet.

This view is of the Parliament of Canada buildings on Parliament Hill.  The conical structure to the right is the library, the oldest and only part of the original buildings to survive a fire in 1916.  It is a beautiful library but I was only able to have the shortest of glimpses inside while on the guided tour of Parliament.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...