Sunday 15 September 2013

A London Transport diesel-engined 97-horsepower OM-NI-BUS!


I have to assume that I bought the card for a reason, but it has been languishing in my "postcards to be sent" drawer for a long time.  Then, as I was looking for something completely different, I found the following mini-sheet with its se-tenant stamps (issued 2001).  I have no idea whatever where they came from but they do suit the card very well.



The reason for the title of the post is a song known probably only to UK residents of a certain age but it too fits very nicely with the theme so I couldn't resist:


I had intended to show something completely different which arrived in the post yesterday from the Royal Mail.  Two of them in fact so I suppose they must have a surplus.


It's an attractive design though it looks as if it's been cut off on the left.  In fact it continues over on the envelope flap.



This is a post for Sunday Stamps, now hosted by Violet Sky at "See it on a Postcard!"

8 comments:

  1. I have that Diamond Jubilee cover (there seems to be quite a few of these sort in the cheap boxes at stamp sales for some reason)

    I love that postcard - if you want someone to send it to, I would be delighted to have it in my bus and tram collection. An exchange would be willingly sent to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bus postcard and stamps, I totally missed those :(.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bus postcard. I think the bus stamps look strange where they are sliced in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as I read the title I was singing along - how nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with @Postcardy: it must be strange to cut the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely buses on the stamps.
    Amazing stamp sheet ... really!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good collection of buses there. The song was new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the Classic Bus postcard and stamps. We finally visited the Isle of Wight Bus Museum in August and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...