Sunday, 5 January 2014

Games - Olympic and others

During 2012 (I nearly said last year) when the Olympics were in London I had more commemorative cards and stamps than I knew what to do with, so of course I sent them to people who showed an interest in the Games.  As a result I have very little to show of that time but I did receive a lovely card of the Rocky Mountain National Park with a Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games stamp.

All that I have from 2012 are these "left overs", for first class domestic mail and worldwide up to 20g.

I'm including a commemorative card and stamp mini-sheet from the 2013 University Games held in Kazan in Russia because I was so delighted to receive them very recently.

This is a post for Sunday Stamps, run by Viridian. Click on the button to visit and find other posts on Olympic and other games.

Enhanced by Zemanta


  1. I never saw those London worldwide stamps at all.

  2. I especially like the commemorative card and mini-sheet from the 2013 University Games. It is interesting that they didn't put the mascot on the actual stamp.

  3. The Kazan card and stamp are stunning.

  4. Kazan is a very special card and stamp to receive, it looks gorgeous. I think I have a few left of the London 2012 definitives too.

  5. Amazing what one can do on a snow board. Very nice like them all.

  6. oh, ive missed this one last week...that Kazan stamp is just sooooo adorable! love love love it!!


Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...