Sunday, 13 July 2014


Tsushima is an island, really a group of islands in the Sea of Japan.  Most of the island is rural and a nature reserve.  There are distinctive stone roofed buildings which are unlike any found elsewhere in Japan.

This stamp shows a very typical Japanese landscape with cherry blossom and I think that must be Mount Fuji in the background.

These two were on a different postcard..

This is a post for Sunday Stamps, run by Viridian. To see some more stamps, click on the button below and visit Viridian's blog.


  1. Thank you for joining in this week! Cherry blossoms are always special.

  2. I always like a road bordered by tall standing trees.

  3. It may sound a cliche, but cherry-blossoms are always a pleasure to see :)

  4. i feel like having a walk on that 2nd stamp right now :)

  5. I hadn't heard of Tsushima before but the cherry trees are famous for their blossom.

  6. Some lovely contrasting landscapes. I don't think I've seen many pictures of Japanese waterfalls and when I think of all those mountains there must be lots.


Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...