Sunday 28 December 2014

Toys on stamps


Andy Pandy was a made-for-television character, a long time ago in the 1950s, but as he was a puppet and seen here with Teddy, I think they qualify as toys. This PHQ stamp card was issued by Royal Mail in a series of Children's TV at the very beginning of the year, 7 January 2014.



From the Ukraine is an illustration resulting from a competition held by UNESCO for children to draw their rights. Until I discovered the title, I was about to complain about the boys playing with toy boats, trains and so on while the girl had a doll.  But she also has a small aeroplane.  The title is "“Girls also want to be pilots!"

This is a post for Sunday Stamps, now at See it on a Postcard!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely stamps, the classic children's tv was a lovely series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy Pandy will be an all time favourite. Not seen the stamps though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy Pandy is one of those things that loomed large in my head - though I have never, ever seen it. (except in recent years on youtube)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...