Thursday 16 June 2011

The world in words


The world's landmass is shown in proportion to the size of the name of the country.  It's a little misleading because the length of the country's name has some bearing on how large it appears.  I shouldn't be critical though, because it's a fun map card.

It puts me in mind of a site where I can while away far too much time, Worldmapper.  There you can see the countries of the world according to population density, birth rate, income, aircraft flights, rail passengers, and more.  Much, much more. 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool! I have to admit, though, Canada annoys me a bit...I kept wondering what country 'Nada' was supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card and I'll have to check out the Worldmapper site.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...