Friday 5 April 2013

Indiana



I understand the red cardinal is the state bird for Indiana, and that I do recognise, but all the other birds on this beautiful postcard are unknown to me.  If anyone can name them for me, I'd be delighted to hear.

Updated to add the names of the birds: (my thanks to Christina and Suzanne McCarthy)

Ruby-throated Hummingbird (in flight)
Baltimore Oriole (partly obscured)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Northern Cardinal
Blue Jay
Mourning Dove
American Robin
American Goldfinch
Red-winged Blackbird
Red-headed Woodpecker (partly obscured)


This is a post for Postcard Friendship Friday hosted on Beth Niquette's blog, The Best Hearts are Crunchy.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm certainly not a bird expert but the other two that I know for sure is the blue bird to the right of the Cardinal is a Blue Jay and the bird two spaces to the right of the Blue Jay (the one with the red breast) is an American Robin. These are both common birds in my home state of Virginia. The Cardinal is also the state bird of Virginia and a red Cardinal is a male; the females are more of a brown color and not as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoooh...I LOVE this postcard! All the birdies have such wonderful personalities. LOL Thank you for sharing this.

    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- what a delightful postcard! A great idea for any state or province - and what fun it would be to compare them all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!!! I love birds and all of these are found in my backyard here in Ontario too!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...