Sunday 5 May 2013

Map and stamps from China




I've been trying to look through all my map cards - I have a LOT of them - but can't find any others of China.  I'm almost certain this is the first one I have been sent that is a map of a part of China, sent from China.  It is the Shichai district of Beijing, popular with tourists because of the three lakes and an abundance of temples and residences.

It came with equally wonderful stamps.  The problem I have with Chinese stamps is that I frequently can't tell what they represent though they are almost always very beautiful.  This time, though, I do recognise the Wulingyuan scenery, second from the left.

This is a post for Sunday Stamps, now hosted by Violet Sky at "See it on a Postcard!"

11 comments:

  1. An interesting map postcard and beautiful stamps. How lovely to have that arrive unexpectedly with the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the beauty of the Chinese stamps. And not knowing anything about them I guess just adds to the mystery that is China.
    That map card is interesting to see - it makes the layout of the city look much more organized than I would have expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamps as all the modern ones seem to be. I was hoping I could pick out the images on mine from your map - no luck though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautifully organised map which gives the impression you could just follow its buildings. Such a lovely selection of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you, it's always very hard to know/understand what the Chinese and Taiwan stamps represent. I have a Chinese friend but I feel shy asking him to translate for me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Four stamps I have not seen before!!! the building on the far right looks very intersting indeed. thank you for joining in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, very nice and it makes feel like it would be a grand walking tour to follow along and see it all first hand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love both the postcard and the selection of stamps :) really hard to beat china when it comes to scenery...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. I ordered some water purification tablets for my India trip - that just arrived from Hong Kong. I had no idea they were being shipped from there but the stamps were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...