Wednesday 28 May 2014

A country school



The title of this picture is, "Norman Rockwell Visits a Country School", first appearing as a Saturday Evening Post illustration in November 1946.  Norman Rockwell was an American artist, especially known for his illustrations of American small-town life.

I love the way the children are all gathered around the teacher, absorbed by whatever she is saying, all except one little girl sitting apart and reading to herself.  I wonder what story that tells..
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Oh. I thought I'd seen all of Rockwell's prints. This is new to me and I like it. I have forgiven him for disappointing me. He was always my hero. Oh! He never asked me to, did he? Sorry, sir. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...