Friday 1 January 2016

A new year, a new start


 The caption in English is "Month kidnaps Dawn" which I thought might be a good start to a new year, especially as I feel the last few of my months were kidnapped by various means.

The illustration, by Svetlana Boyka, is of a Slavic myth, though I'm finding it hard to find out which.  According to one source, Hors, Khors, or Hurs is the god of the winter sun and his spouse is Dawn-Zarenitsy.

It became extremely complicated when I tried to find out more, so I'll leave it at that for now. A Dawn and a new start are all I need, along with a winter sun.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting, happy new year, and all our blogging again too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh this is a beautiful card and I love all the imagery. It would be great to know more about Russian fairy tales

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful card, even if we don't understand the full meaning... I wish you a Happy New Year and a Successful New Start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You're back. Wonderful to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Happy New Year. I am always behind in things. I completely missed Chinese New year in spite of living in the San Francisco area which has the largest Chinatown outside China or so I've been told.

    Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...