Thursday 7 January 2016

Victor Horta's kitchen


Over the years, I suppose I've spent many hours in the kitchens of wherever we happened to be living at the time. It seems to have resulted in a fascination with kitchens in general but it's not often I'm sent any.

I like the look of this one, even though it's a bit empty.  When I turned the card over it stated that it was from the house of Victor Horta in Brussels (25 rue Americaine à Saint Gilles).  The name sounded familiar but I'm sorry to say, I had to look up who he was.

He was, as I'm sure everyone else knows, a famous architect of Art Nouveau houses in Belgium. Four of these houses, plus his own, are listed as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO as being prime examples of Art Nouveau.

2 comments:

  1. It seems like a very large kitchen...two tables! Not too bright and cheery, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely kitchen. Big kitchens are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...