Sunday 23 November 2008

Bangkok, Thailand


Postmark illegible, dated 31 June 1986.

Like architectural 'trademarks' of the nation, the spires and gables of Thai Buddhist monastries are so distinctive, and are found in most every village across the nation.  Here is famous Wat Po, Bangkok.


Wat Po, also known as Wat Pho and Wat Phra Chetuphon, is one of the oldest and largest in Bangkok.  It is home to more than 1000 Buddha images and one of the largest: the Reclining Buddha.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila, Wat Po is indeed a beautiful place I have been there a couple of times(when I was a tourist). Thanks for putting us on the Postcard a Day map.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sheila. Happy Sunday honey, thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mike, I'm delighted to have found a card from Thailand. It appears to the only one and in fact I have very few from Asia at all.
    @Jodi, thanks. I've been away for a few days, and not getting around very much, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, photos and articles. Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work. Rick

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...