Monday 5 January 2009

Gulangyu Island


Postmarked in Chinese, dated 25 December 2008. There are two stamps on the card,one is pre-printed and is the same picture as the card itself.
Gulangyu Islet
FP9 (10-2) 1999 B

Gulangyu Island is also known as the Piano Island. There are over 200 pianos on the island, and China's largest piano museum. No motor vehicles are allowed on the island apart from some battery powered sightseeing transport. It was a foreign enclave following the Treaty of Nanking.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

  1. This is interesting. I have never heard of Piano island..wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi~
    i am christine from PENANG,MALAYSIA!!
    WHERE DO YOU FROM??
    Can we Exchange postcard??
    Please let me know by email.
    me email add:niger1437@gmail.com
    THANKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picture! Really nature in it's splendor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this one. This was so inspiring, I feel an article coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a stamps and postvards collector from China. I have been to Gulangyu Island, it's really very beautiful. Welcome to my blog:[url]http://atm-fans.blogspot.com[/url]

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...