Sunday 5 April 2009

Idaho stamp card


Postmarked Madison WI, dated 30 March 2009.

Idaho
Tree: Western White Pine
Capital: Boise
Stathood: July 3, 1890.

I don't know a great deal about Idaho, in fact almost nothing.  I understand that Blackfoot is the world potato capital, that Driggs has the Spud Drive-In Movie Theater, that Shoshone has ice caves, that Rigby proclaims itself the birthplace of TV. That, I'm afraid, is it.  If anyone there knows more about Idaho, please do tell me.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love the Idaho stamp postcard and it is a fun state to visit. My grandparents homsteaded on Henrys Lake which is on the edge of Idaho near Yellowstone. They came from Sweden. We have a trailer and go to RV parks especially the ones along the Snake River.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you papel. I always like to hear more about the places on my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father's family is from Idaho. It is a lovely place. There are cities in Idaho where underground rivers flow beneath the arid ground. In those cities the water is free--no waterbill! I've visited there, and with the sunshine and wonderful changes of seasons, it seems like some kind of paradise.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...