Tuesday 15 September 2009

Milan, Italy


Posted in Milan on 22 October 1976.
Milano
Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II

This is a glass-vaulted arcaded shopping street in Milan, or rather two intersecting streets forming a cross.  It links the opera house with the cathedral.  Where the two streets intersect, there is an octagonal dome.  The gallery is four stories high and contains many shops selling luxury goods, as well as restaurants, bars and cafés.  It looks absolutely amazing.  There are Passages in Paris but they have nothing on this splendour.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    My husband is from Milano and I lived there with him for almost a decade. The Galleria is one of my favourite places and I have a large print of it hanging in my living room.
    Evelyn in Montreal

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...