Wednesday 13 January 2010

Map of Michigan



This has probably been one of the highlights over the last few days, a quilted map of Michigan.  How beautiful!  I have always been fairly useless with my hands so I stand in great awe of anyone who can produce such a piece of art.  It is postmarked from Gaylord MI, and dated 4 January 2010.

Michigan Quilt
This unique creation showing all of the Michigan counties was designed, placed, pieced and quilted by Marion Welsh to commemorate 1987, Michigan's Sesquicentennial.  It is on display in the Michigan Forest Visitor Center, Hartwick Pines State Park at Grayling, Michigan
Photo by John Penrod.

2 comments:

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...