Sunday 9 May 2010

Japanese food


A card which is a feast for your eyes and made to make your mouth water!  It was sent to me by Linda of Arizona Skies, where you can read all about her wonderful trip and see all her fantastic photos.

From the back of the card:
Traditional Japanese foods
Left up: Tempura. Fried seafood and vegetables
Left down: Japanese style cakes
Right up: Sushi rice balls topped with sliced raw fish
Right down: Sashimi dish of sliced raw fish.

They look absolutely beautiful - works of art!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. Sheila,

    I wish I could say everything tasted as good as it looks! I'm a midwesterner and have never been a fan of fish. And raw fish? Well, that didn't happen ;>). Different strokes, as they say.

    I will say, unreservedly, Japan is a must see. It was on my "bucket list" and it did not disappoint.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely one of my favorite foods. Living in the San Francisco area, I can get it practically anywhere - we even have our own Japantown. Also, I have had the great privilege of visiting Japan on two occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, Japanese food is both a feast for the palate and the eyes, what a fantastic post card. Though I must disagree with Linda, these days I actually prefer my fish uncooked to cooked? Canned tuna, no way, tuna sashimi, more please! Though of course, Japanese food is about much more than just fish, cooked or no. No chicken wing gourmand can go without the famous fried chicken wings of Nagoya!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...