Friday 17 June 2011

Azelinskaya costume


The Azelinskay period in Russian history was during the 3rd to 5th centuries.  I can't find anything much about that time, a period of great population movement in mainland Europe.  It's an attractive card though, and the costumes intrigue me.  The man seems to be wearing some form of armour, and the lady appears to have borrowed his knee-pads to wear on her chest!

This is a post for Postcard Friday, which is hosted by Beth Niquette at The Best Hearts are Crunchy.

12 comments:

  1. I agree, the colors are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting shape too...long and thin, like the figures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see costumes. I wonder about the meaning behind the stitching and the colors and the decorations. So much to learn and so little time! :D :D Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the combination of scenery and costume. I wonder how they lived in Russia at that time, I could do with a big bumper book of Russian history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a lovely card - great colors in their costumes. Cute comment on her chest pads - kind of like the bras some years ago! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila... you know how traditional costumes do to me, right? I laughed out loud on the kneepad-chest protection connection! Looks like a predecessor to Madonna's pointed brassiere, tee-hee-hee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color of the lady's costume because it is rich with color though seem quite heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a turbulent time in history - not much written down. Maybe they know about these costumes form paintings or archeology.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's the soft red leather boots that I love. I want a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She could be an early Madonna. It's a nice postcad.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...