Friday 9 December 2011

Giraffes from Tanzania


This beautiful postcard of giraffes has just arrived from an eleven year old girl called Stellah.  It's something of a win-win situation I think, because an exchange was organised by Hearts in Unity.  In return for a nominal $5 donation, Stellah receives a school bag and supplies, and I receive a wonderful postcard.

Tanzania is a nation on the east coast of Africa where education is compulsory for seven years, up to the age of  15, but most children don't stay at school up to that age and some never attend at all.  Anything that might help seems like a very good idea.

From the back of the card I see that the giraffes are at Lake Ndutu which is at the edge of the Serengeti, a vast plain, now a national park and listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.

This is a post for Postcard Friendship Friday hosted on Beth Niquette's blog The Best Hearts are Crunchy.

7 comments:

  1. How lovely! I donated to this group, too. My card had elephants on it. I almost cried because the message on the back was so sweet. I hope our donations are helping these kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. What a lovely idea!! I am definitely going to visit their site as I want a postcard from Tanzania!!

    I sponsor a little boy in South Africa but I have been pretty rubbish at sending him letters. I have decided to send him postcards instead in future, from London or anywhere else I travel to. I cannot believe it took me this long to think of the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love giraffes. Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing this idea! am also a big giraffe fan so a great post all round - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great initiative. And yes, I'm a giraffe fan too. They seem so wise to me, maybe because they've a wider view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great program. Thanks for sharing your good fortune, I love giraffes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Giraffes--and this is a lovely postcard.

    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...