Friday, 13 April 2012

If only it were so easy


"Lovers' quarrels are soon mended" is the caption on this postcard from Russia.  Apparently all you do is write a long letter.  It set me off down on a search for quotes about quarrels and it seems there is no consensus: some have a more positive outlook than others.  Just like people really.

Quarrel? Nonsense; we have not quarreled. If one is not to get into a rage sometimes, what is the good of being friends? ~ George Eliot

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die. ~ African Proverb

Quarrels would not last long if the fault was only on one side. ~ François de la Rochefoucauld

The truest joys they seldom prove,
Who free from quarrels live;
'Tis the most tender part of love,
Each other to forgive. ~ John Sheffield

The quarrels of lovers are like summer showers that leave the country more verdant and beautiful. ~ Susanne Curchod Necker

This is a post for Postcard Friendship Friday hosted on Beth Niquette's blog The Best Hearts are Crunchy.

8 comments:

  1. The card is nice but I like your quotes more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love little kids - they do look like they're having a spat. Love the look on their faces. Thanks for visiting my blog, Sheila. I appreciate it. Feeling better these days so and posted my PFF this week, too.

    Cheers!

    Postcards Crossing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad to hear you're feeling better.

      Delete
  3. Oh I also enjoy all the quotes....but I had a different reaction when I first saw their photo! Hmm, will he ever stop reading the silly newspaper?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quotes! I think I like the African proverb the best. They are often eerily poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that card.

    Quarrels. I like the making up part afterward, but then I have few quarrels.

    Thanks for sending a card to Max. It does sound like he will have many happy walks to the mailbox in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...