Thursday 12 April 2012

Maid of the Mist


The Maid of the Mist is the name of the several boats used to transport passengers for a close up view of Niagara Falls.  Originally the company was set up to run a ferry service but, when the suspension bridge was opened, it was no longer needed and so became a tourist attraction.

The boat in the picture is Maid of the Mist VI which apparently can hold 600 passengers.  I notice they are all wearing blue overalls.  Soaking in the atmosphere no doubt.

This card came from the USA side of the Falls.  My previous card was bought on the Canadian side.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I have often thought of what it would be like to actually be on that boat with all that water in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The person who sent it to me said she was terrified.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...