Thursday 26 April 2012

Selling and buying


This type of shop, buying and selling all sorts of household goods, has all but disappeared in the UK but can still be found in France, generally called a "brocante".  They are of course, steadily moving up market but not yet styling themselves as antique shops as they tend to in the UK.

The artist who created the original picture was Tavik František Šimon, a Czech artist who lived for a time in Paris. He travelled widely and visited London, the Netherlands, Spain, India, Japan and the USA, as well as France. All these places featured in his art.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I prefer shopping at places like this with character and takes us back to a time we like to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card...my type of place, not that I shop in them any longer

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...