Friday 7 March 2014

The reader and his baby


Almost exactly 12 hours ago my first grandson was born.  I don't collect baby postcards, they don't very often appeal to me, but this one was sent to fit in with my reading and books collection and it does fit well with my preoccupation of the day.  Somehow I suspect it will turn out to be a fair illustration of my son's baby sitting methods.  Welcome to the world, Isaac Alexander.

The card was sent from France though the photo itself originates in Canada.  Its title is "Matt and Oliver, Montreal, 1982".

This is a post for Postcard Friendship Friday hosted on Beth Niquette's blog, The Best Hearts are Crunchy.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!
    I wonder if he is reading out loud to the baby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Yes, Welcome Isaac Alexander.
    Now you have to quickly come up with a title other than Granny.
    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I bet your grandson is even prettier than the one on the postcard :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! The man in the picture looks like he should be reading how to safely hold a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful postcard! lol Men! Thank you so much.

    Happy PFF and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...