Wednesday 5 March 2014

The Year of the Horse



Today has been a strange day.  For a week, for seven whole days, I haven't received a single postcard apart from a couple I had bought myself, but today produced ten all at once.

Four of these came from Finland, two from Germany and the others mixed.  Three were art cards, three were maps and the two above were horses.  As I don't mention horses in my profile on Postcrossing, I wonder if they are in response to the Year of the Horse.  The top one came from Finland and the bottom one showing Welsh ponies in England came from Germany.

The Royal Mail issued some horse themed stamps along with the stamp cards last month though I think that was coincidental and not for the Year of the Horse.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...