Wednesday 27 April 2011

Bridges in Prague


A lovely reminder of a holiday I took just about this time last year, the bridges of Prague.  The top section shows the famous Karlov or Charles Bridge where the whole world seems to pass by during the day: buskers, artists, and people just enjoying the scene.

“Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.” ~ Winnie the Pooh
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. From the postcard, I see that Prague is quite a lovely city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough, one of my favorite memories of Prague is renting on of those little paddle boats and viewing the city from the river in that golden evening light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prague was on my list of places to see..but my job loss changed all that. I must live vicariously now - though it is not nearly so much fun, Sheila!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...