Sunday 19 July 2009

Le Mont St Michel, France


Postmarked Le Mont St. Michel, dated 8 September 1978.
Merveille de l'Occident
1050 - Le Mont Saint-Michel

This card was written by me to my in-laws at what must have been the same time as my previous card I posted just over a year ago.  I guessed the other one was posted in 1980 - not too far off.  This one I found only last week, among some old photographs.  

There have been some massive renovations and improvements in the area, some relatively recently, which has resulted in the car park near the Mont being removed with a shuttle service and footbridge set up from the mainland.  Details of the project can be seen on the English language version of the official site.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my postcard collection! I love hearing what you think of the cards - but spam WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...